[Nix-dev] Specifying particular firmware

Matthew Robbetts wingfeathera at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 19:35:40 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a wifi access point with nixos using a Doodle Labs ACE-5500-3 (QCA989x) card and the ath10k driver. I am migration a configuration over from another, non-Nix, machine that using using a similar card (ACE-DB-3).

I am having trouble getting the hostapd to start in 5GHz mode (2.4GHz works fine, it seems to be failing strangely somewhere in the DFS initialization) and noticed that, if nothing else, the firmware that is being loaded (10.2.4.70.9-2) is 10 months old. I can’t figure out where firmware versions are specified/determined by nixos — is there a way to force or override?

Thanks!
Matt