[Nix-dev] Project environment setup

Alex Berg chexxor at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 06:41:47 CEST 2016

Looks like that shell.nix file is correct.

That load-time is only the first time, right? On the first run, all
dependencies are fetched, but after that there is no need.

What are you expecting? If you enter that nix-shell, you'll have a `gradle`
command. Are you expecting a `java` command, also? If you want a `java`
command, then you need to add a jdk to the "buildInputs". You can add
`pkgs.openjdk7`, and the `java` command will run that while the `gradle`
command refers to openjdk8. If you want `java` command to use openjdk8,
then add `pkgs.openjdk8` to the "buildInputs".