[Nix-dev] Wifi DFS configuration/reg database (was Re: Specifying particular firmware)

Matthew Robbetts wingfeathera at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 22:30:18 CEST 2016

Tobias!

> On Jul 20, 2016, at 10:15 AM, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me at tobias.gr> wrote:
>
> Matthew,
>
> On 2016-07-20 18:09, Matthew Robbetts wrote:
>> Unfortunately, it didn't fix my problem. After some more digging, I think the
>> problem is related to my wireless regulatory database -- in that, I don't
>> think I have one.
>
> I added a wireless-regdb package once, but it might need some symlinking to
> properly work with iw out of the box. I just wanted the data.

That is an exceptionally promising response for my problem :)

I did notice that a regdb package exists, and I do have it installed. This possibly explains why that doesn't fix it.

I can try and dig into this package to see what’s what — but I’ve no idea of what symlinking might be needed. Any hints off the top of your head would be welcome. If not, I’ll try and look at it later and may have some questions for you…

Thanks!
Matt