[Nix-dev] Wifi DFS configuration/reg database (was Re: Specifying particular firmware)

Matthew Robbetts wingfeathera at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 22:33:09 CEST 2016

> On Jul 20, 2016, at 1:27 PM, Vladimír Čunát <vcunat at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 07/20/2016 06:09 PM, Matthew Robbetts wrote:
>> So, I think something is wrong with my regulatory database. Does anyone
>> know how to dig into this further? Any help appreciated!
>
> I don't know, but I'd personally also check kernel version, especially
> if it's some newer kind of hardware.

Ah, no, that shouldn’t be the problem at least. The kernel is whatever’s current on NixOS — 4.4.something? — and the hardware is over a year old. It’s a QCA9890 chip. The early firmware for these was actually little unstable for me (I had problems with that other machine last year when I first got it), but has also been good since around the 4.3 era at least.

Thanks,
Matt