[Nix-dev] how to go about refactoring nixos-container?

Kosyrev Serge _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Fri Jul 22 00:16:18 CEST 2016

Eric Merritt <eric at merritt.tech> writes:
> Maintainers,
>
> I have been spending a fair amount of time adding bits to
> `nixos-container` and expect to be spending more time there as I have
> started using it heavily for standing up and testing groups of
> systems. It's been tempting to refactor the command. Before doing that
> I wanted to ask the maintainers the path with the highest likelihood
> of being accepted, to avoid waisting a lot of time on dead ends.

Eric,

We, at Positive Technologies[1], are quite interested in employing Nix
for rootfs generation, and we already have some unreleased adaptations.

I think it would be quite nice if you had voiced your plans, so we could
coordinate in this effort -- that is, if I'm not mistaken and our goals
do indeed intersect.

Cc-ing Denis, who's doing work on this.

--
1. Using non-corporate email because it's subscribed to the list.