[Nix-dev] use builtins.readFile and strip trailing newline

4levels 4levels at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 16:24:35 CEST 2016

Hi Nix Devs,

In a related question to have my sensitive info separated from the normal
NixOps configuration files, I am reading the passwords, keys, ciphers, ...
from separate files (which are encrypted with git-crypt).

My IDE (webstorm) keeps adding a trailing newline when saving these files.
I know I can disable this behaviour in the IDE, but just to be sure I'd
like to know if there's an easy way to strip off the trailing newline from
a file read with builtins.readFile.

Kind regards,

Erik aka 4levels