[Nix-dev] Stackage Support Will Be Discontinued

Rok Garbas rok at garbas.si
Fri Jun 10 15:11:13 CEST 2016

Hi,

I'd like to reinforce Thomas'es writing and I'd like to add that as it
is important how we do things, it is also important how we reach the
consensus. I think any of us want only what produces best results.

Nix being a tool that works on many platforms with many different
languages, different setups, makes this even harder since not
everybody uses Nix the same way. And of-course changing is always
hard, so please be patient, it takes time to change somebodies
opinion, but doing this through conversation works best in the long
term.

It would be nice list down (or copy paste into this tread) pros/cons
and costs of keeping multiple LTS versions around.

Maybe having separate ``nixpkgs-haskell`` where all LTS versions leave
and only include latest LTS in nixpkgs would be a good enough
compromise.