[Nix-dev] Running nix-build on Circle CI

Kamil Chmielewski kamil.chm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 20:43:33 CEST 2016

Hi,

I want to use nix-build as a build tool for go2nix. After bad experience I
have with Travis that fails for many nixpkgs PRs I choose Circle CI.
Everything worked fine when I not needed any special nixpkgs branch or
channel with these simple steps:

    - sudo mkdir -p /nix
    - sudo chown ubuntu /nix
    - curl https://nixos.org/nix/install | sh
    - echo "source ~/.nix-profile/etc/profile.d/nix.sh" >> ~/.circlerc
    - nix-build

But after a recent changes in buildGoPackage I need to use unstable channel
now. I tried to add few lines before nix-build like:

    - nix-channel --add https://nixos.org/channels/nixos-unstable
    - nix-channel --update
    - nix-env -u

but id doesn't change anything in build result that is saying it can't find
buildGoPackage https://circleci.com/gh/kamilchm/go2nix/30

What else can I do?

--
Kamil