[Nix-dev] hydra and nixos versions/commits at hydra.nixos.org

Domen Kožar domen at dev.si
Thu Jun 16 12:31:18 CEST 2016

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Tomasz Czyż <tomasz.czyz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Domen,
>
> do you know what's the strategy for hydra in nixos? Looks like module file
> is not imported from hydra but is copied/prepared separately in nixos. That
> means there are two module versions but one code base.
>
> Will hydra module be moved to nixos? If not, maybe would be better to just
> import it from upstream?
>
> Is strategy (to keep modules inside nixos for external packages, even
> those with nix modules) the way to go for all other projects? If yes, could
> you explain why or point to some explanations?

 Currently module in nixpkgs and the module in hydra will be maintained
separately. Eelco will deploy Hydra as it's always been and update
package/module in hydra.git, I'll port changes to nixpkgs.

We currently don't have a better way to deal with this. I'll see how it
goes, but the idea is Hydra repository should be self contained.