[Nix-dev] nix-shell, user-environments and persistent environments - confusion!

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Mon Jun 20 19:59:19 CEST 2016

Hi,

maybe someone can clear things up for me:

I want persistent development environments[0] which is do-able, but
nowhere is stated how to upgrade and even more important: remove these
environments.

Another thing is, that sometimes it could be a nice idea to create an
environment and install it in the local user environment - how does
one do that? So that I have to type something like `enter-foo-env` and
it spins up a nix-shell environment, basically a persistent nix-shell
which is installed in my environment (not system-wide).

Maybe I'm just too stupid to find the appropriate docs... feel free to
point me into the right direction or throw some links in my face. :-)

[0]: https://nixos.org/wiki/Development_Environments#Making_a_Persistent_nix-shell_Environment

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,