[Nix-dev] Has someone a working setup for Kernel development with NixOS?

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Mon Jun 27 20:52:48 CEST 2016

This looks like a starting point,

but what I want to do is to build a full "nixos-rebuild build-vm"-VM
with it - so I have some X-Server running, some browser installed and
so on.

basically what I do with `nixos-rebuild build-vm` but from another
configuration.nix than my system-configuration.nix.

Is there a way to do this?

I already found `pkgs.linuxPackages_custom` which can be used to do
this, but I don't know how I can call the .nix file now to build a
qemu VM with it...

Maybe some pointers?