[Nix-dev] How does the kernel get build? Because /usr/bin/perl is hardcoded in the kernel sources...

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Thu Jun 30 22:40:49 CEST 2016

Hi nixos community,

I wonder how the kernel is build with nix, as /usr/bin/perl is
hardcoded in all scripts in the kernel source tree.

Can someone point me to the appropriate file for how the build setup
handles the kernel perl build infrastructure?

I assume our setup somehow rewrites the shebang lines of all these
files before invoking the build... but I'm not sure here. Maybe
someone can point this out to me.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,