[Nix-dev] bare XMonads environment and KDE5 programs

Ruben Astudillo ruben.astud at gmail.com
Tue May 3 06:20:48 CEST 2016

Hi all

I am recently changing from KDE4 -> KDE5 on my bare XMonad setup. I
didn't do it before because I was encountering a error with KIO-slaves
and icons no showing. I have basically this setup

-- /etc/nixos/configuration.nix
     services.xserver = {
       displayManager.lightdm.enable = true;
       desktopManager.kde5.enable = true;
     };

plus on my user profile I have installed (from nixos.kde5 attr):
     breeze-5.5.5
     dolphin-15.12.3
     gwenview-15.12.3

I've got luck lunching dolphin as

     slack at tapioca> XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=kde dolphin

yet it can't launch gwenview by clicking. Is there something obvious
missing from my setup?

--
-- Ruben Astudillo