[Nix-dev] Stripped down Linux distribution based on Nix/NixOS

Ericson, John john_ericson at brown.edu
Wed May 4 20:00:23 CEST 2016

Glad to here you switched to NixOS!

For your hydra checksum concerns see https://github.com/NixOS/hydra/pull/277
--- in short it would be nice if we had "non-deterministic derivations" for
this, but in the Eelco has just added a `fetchGit` builtin in the meantime.

I hope NixOS can somebody impose no policy and the user other than using
Nix, but rather just provide support code for every conceivable setup, so
please I hope you continue using it rather than rolling your own with Nix!
Interesting use-cases are exactly needed to pull NixOS in this direction.