[Nix-dev] upgrading packer

zimbatm zimbatm at zimbatm.com
Fri May 13 10:44:58 CEST 2016

Sorry, I made it sound more easy that it was. For some reason I thought
they had vendored all the dependencies.

I took a stab at the update yesterday and here is the PR:
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/15426/files

What I had to do was checkout packer at the specific tag, run `godep
restore` and then `go2nix save`. Copy the generated `default.nix` to
overwrite the `deps.nix` file. And then the tricky part was to get packer
to build properly using all of this since they have a custom build pipeline.