[Nix-dev] "IO" in Nix

Kosyrev Serge _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Mon May 23 17:54:22 CEST 2016

Daniel Peebles <pumpkingod at gmail.com> writes:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been experimenting with a pattern recently that I'd say is fairly
> close to a Haskell notion of IO. I have a collection of Nix-centered
> scripts that need to perform fairly restricted side effects:

Daniel, thank you a lot for this step!

Anything that moves Nix towards a more typed world helps to relieve a
deep worry that I had for quite a while.

I believe that the whole endeavour is increasingly facing a dead end --
namely that such a complex composite object as the nixpkgs expression is
increasingly becoming rather unavailable to understanding, without the
types to reflect its structure.

--
с уважениeм / respectfully,
Косырев Сергей