[Nix-dev] GHC 8.0.1 is our new default compiler

Peter Simons simons at nospf.cryp.to
Tue May 31 22:21:30 CEST 2016

Fellow Haskell Hackers,

Stackage Nightly has switched to GHC 8.0.1, and so have we: in revision
e343ec0822 pushed to 'master' today. The default 'haskellPackages'
attribute set is now based on the latest compiler version. Please note
that the updated package set is still in an, um, experimental state.
Michael Alan Dorman has contributed a lot of fixes already, but there's
more to come until everything builds again like before. With a little
luck, people following the 'unstable' channel will not notice, but if
you're living directly on the Git repository, then you will have a
couple of adventures trying to use Haskell software for the next couple
of days.

Best regards
Peter