[Nix-dev] Fwd: Re: qutebrowser very unstable

Taeer Bar-Yam tb442 at cornell.edu
Thu Nov 3 22:30:37 CET 2016

Should we update the qutebrowser package to use the QtWebEngine backend (i.e. enable the --backend webengine flag)? I don't feel like I have the authority to make this decision; do other people who use qutebrowser want to weigh in? What's the etiquite here?

Forwarding Florian Bruhin's message of November 3, 2016 5:18 pm:
The new QtWebEngine backend is pretty usable already when you install
qutebrowser from git and launch with --backend webengine. There are
only some smaller features missing, support for the last big missing
feature (downloads) will land somewhen next week probably.
Florian