[Nix-dev] Bot that replies to PR with review points based on files that were touched

Louis Taylor louis at kragniz.eu
Fri Nov 4 11:22:23 CET 2016

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 8:39 AM, Freddy Rietdijk <freddyrietdijk at fridh.nl> wrote:
> I'm looking for a bot that checks which files are touched, and that gives a
> pre-configured message depending on the files that are touched. E.g., when
> Python files are touched I would like the bot to reply to the PR with a
> message that includes an additional checklist with questions like whether
> the modifications were tested with all interpreters, and whether tests are
> run.
> Do you happen to know such a bot? If so, please let me know. Otherwise, I
> think we will have to build one or maybe extend the mention-bot with this
> feature.

The nixbot[0] I was writing a while ago could easily be extended to do
that. It already checks which files a pull request touches, and
comments on pull requests. All that would need to be added would be a
list of file patterns to match, and some responses. Those would be
stored in a separate file.

[0] https://github.com/kragniz/nixbot