[Nix-dev] gstreamer plugins missing

Stefan Huchler stefan.huchler at mail.de
Sun Nov 6 01:50:08 CET 2016

Hi,

I try to stream a rtsp or http adress from spydroid to /dev/videoX.

So gstreamer seems to be best suited for that.

gst-launch rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.1.154:8086 ! decodebin !
v4l2sink device=/dev/video0

something like that should do the trick in theory. But there seems to be
no rtsp src installed.

gst-inspect | grep -i "rtsp"  should print something but it does not.

I installed gstreamer gst_plugins_good gst_plugins_base over
configuration.nix file.

I even tried to manualy install the 0.10 or 1.0 versions both without
any success.

it should be in gst-plugins-good, any idea what I am doing wrong?