[Nix-dev] DBus and XMonad

Profpatsch mail at profpatsch.de
Wed Nov 9 16:17:20 CET 2016

On 16-11-09 01:24am, Ruben Astudillo wrote:
> On 08/11/16 16:40, Profpatsch wrote:
> > I stopped using taffybar for that reason, and actually quite like my
> > fullscreen-by-default system as it is now.
>
> How do you know if you have a hogging process then?. Do you have a open
> htop? (I am tempted about having a xmonad fullscreen-by-default).

Should that happen I just open a terminal and htop in that.

For info like battery and time I have a small script that uses notify-send
and is bound to a key in my window manager.
https://github.com/openlab-aux/vuizvui/blob/master/pkgs/profpatsch/display-infos/default.nix
It could be trivially extended to display load.

As libnotify-daemon I have twmn running, which looks quite nice.
https://github.com/Profpatsch/dotfiles/blob/katara/twmn/.config/twmn/twmn.conf

--
Proudly written in Mutt with Vim on NixOS.
A: http://five.sentenc.es