[Nix-dev] how to set the prefered IO scheduler for a disk on nixos ?

Nikolay Amiantov ab at fmap.me
Thu Nov 10 18:49:25 CET 2016

It may be an overkill if all you want to do is set IO scheduler but I
use TLP for this (which also manages power governors, disk APM levels
and other power management-related settings). For example:

```
services.tlp.enable = true;
services.tlp.extraConfig = ''
  DISK_DEVICES="sda sdb"
  DISK_IOSCHED="noop noop"
'';
```

On 11/10/2016 01:25 PM, Azul wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Is there a way to set the IO scheduler on a specific disk?
> I need to set the 'noop' scheduler on a disk I have, but can't find a
> way on nixos to do so.
>
> wonders if I may have to use a udev rule, cron job, or if there is a way
> to execute a single command at boot, bit like rc.local.
>
> thankz
> azul

Nikolay.