[Nix-dev] X server & Emacs crashes in 16.09

Damien Cassou damien at cassou.me
Fri Nov 11 10:50:38 CET 2016

Hi Milan,

Milan Zamazal <pdm at zamazal.org> writes:
> Since I upgraded to 16.09, I've been experiencing quite frequent
> (several times per week) segmentation faults of X server or Emacs on my
> computer.  That has never happened before the upgrade and AFAICT no
> other application suffers from that problem.
> Is this a known problem?  Any idea what can be wrong?

I also face many Emacs crashes but no X crashes. I managed to get a core
dump and will investigate further. You might want to do the same so we
can compare:

$ ulimit -c unlimited
$ sudu su
# echo -n 1 > /proc/sys/fs/suid_dumpable
# echo -n 1 > /proc/sys/fs/suid_dumpable
# exit
$ emacs

When emacs crashes, you should get a core dump in current directory.

Best,

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st