[Nix-dev] Distributing files between machines in a nixops deployment

Marius Bergmann marius at yeai.de
Sat Nov 19 12:10:59 CET 2016

Hello!

Is it possible to declare the distribution of a file (in my case a ssh
server/client public key) to different machines in a nixops deployment?

I want to create a client keypair on one machine and then authorize the
public part on several other machines in the deployment. Those other
machines' public server keys should also be added to the known_hosts of
the machine logging into them.

I know I could create all the keypairs on the machine running nixops and
send both the public as well as the private keys over the network, but I
would like to find out if there's a way around it.

Kind regards,
Marius