[Nix-dev] How to enable Vulkan on Intel?

Moritz Ulrich moritz at tarn-vedra.de
Mon Nov 21 13:26:27 CET 2016

Profpatsch <mail at profpatsch.de> writes:

> So, the correct way is to patch the derivation that generates
> /run/opengl-driver/share/vulkan/icd.d/intel_icd.x86_64.json
> so that the link in that json points to
> /nix/store/d0n7lg9xg16wlgs6msgfjwl1fdgsj3af-opengl-drivers/lib/libvulkan_intel.so
>
> Depends on how the json is generated, preferrably adding the
> path to a configure variable, alternatively using sed or similar.

I was thinking about that, but I wanted to make sure I'm going in the
right direction (my Vulkan and Mesa knowledge is very limited).

Actually, it looks like it would be enough to make the package
generating intel_icd.x86_64.json refer to $out/lib/libvulkan_intel.so.

/run/opengl-driver/share points to
/nix/store/aqdbc42g8r6l3bm47c8pa2azim8icqbq-mesa-drivers+txc-13.0.1/share/
and ../lib/ contains libvulkan_intel.so.

I wonder how it gets the wrong path in the first place.