[Nix-dev] monitor.nixos.org

Profpatsch mail at profpatsch.de
Mon Nov 28 14:18:58 CET 2016

On 16-11-12 06:39pm, Rok Garbas wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 6:27 PM, Daniel Frank
> I wrote recently[1] how we tackle this problem at RelEng team at
> Mozilla. I'm slowly moving all my nix projects to do the same. I will
> also do the same for the packages I manage in nixpkgs at least that is
> what I will write to Santa this year, to give me more time to play
> work on nixpkgs :)
>

> [1] https://garbas.si/2016/updating-your-nix-sources.html

So you had a very similar idea about update scripts.

We should chat about that; I think there should be a system
in place for derivations to specify how the next version can
be found and if possible how to automatically update the version
tags & hashes.

Those can obviously not be executed by nix itself, but by other
systems like the nixos monitor.

--
Proudly written in Mutt with Vim on NixOS.
A: http://five.sentenc.es