[Nix-dev] Limiting access to only maintained packages and ensuring core packages are maintained

laverne lists-laverne at schrock.email
Sun Sep 4 18:33:05 CEST 2016

---- On Sat, 03 Sep 2016 08:35:45 -0500 stewart mackenzie  wrote ----
> Many meta.maintainers do not have commit access, that's the main
> bottleneck that causes hours/days/weeks/months delay.

This should not be so. A "maintainer" that does not have commit
access cannot maintain and is thus not actually a maintainer.

Disclaimer: I'm coming from from the world of Debian which has a
drastically different maintenance model. I don't really understand
how NixOS's model works and am not confident that anyone does.

-Laverne