[Nix-dev] Fwd: Failed: Hydra job nixpkgs:trunk:adb-sync.x86_64-darwin

Sergiu Ivanov sivanov at colimite.fr
Tue Sep 6 00:42:26 CEST 2016

Thus quoth  Vladimír Čunát  at 22:08 on Mo, Sep 05 2016:
> On 09/03/2016 10:47 PM, Sergiu Ivanov wrote:
>>
>>  - I set preferLocalBuild to true, which, in my understanding, should
>>    have prevented Hydra from trying to build a binary version of my
>>    package,
>
> That's a misunderstanding. `preferLocalBuild` is a hint to the
> nix-daemon that it shouldn't use remote build slaves for the derviation.
> To disable a build on Hydra specifically, you can use
> meta.hydraPlatforms (overriding meta.platforms).

Aah, okaay, I see!

Thanks a lot for the explanation!

>>  - when I look at the build log
>>    https://hydra.nixos.org/build/39776835/nixlog/3 I only see a few
>>    messages, which do not even seem related to my package.
>
> It really seems more like a dependency failed in an unusual way. (I
> assume the unusual kind of failure is why it wasn't marked as
> "dependency failed" but "failed".) It seems plausible that
> sysimg-armeabi-v7a-23 is a dependency of adb-sync.

Oh, I should congratulate myself on being particularly blind and not
noticing the package sysimg-armeabi-v7a-23 on the report page.  Indeed,
adb-sync depends on ADB (Android Debug Bridge) which indeed needs ARM
ABI.

My first instinct was to remove Darwin from the list of platforms
supported by adb-sync, but then I realised that androidsdk should
actually build fine on this platform.

Is there a way to debug such Hydra failures?

I don't have anything Darwin-like at hand, and I can't see which part of
my package (adb-sync) exactly may cause the issue.

--
Sergiu