[Nix-dev] Build a default.nix for a project with node.js and python dependencies

Johannes Bornhold johannes.bornhold at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 11:51:11 CEST 2016

Hi Dmitry,

> On 05 Sep 2016, at 19:22, Dmitry Malikov <malikov.d.y at gmail.com> wrote:
> What I'm looking for is a single default.nix file built basing on dependencies listed in 'requirements.txt' and 'package.json' files, allowing to do these steps via 'nix-shell' command.

Not quite sure if I understood your case correctly, you might be able to take some inspiration from this file: https://code.rhodecode.com/rhodecode-enterprise-ce/files/22461effb1d6a5e2b5b80f4d740de00769ba8b1d/default.nix <https://code.rhodecode.com/rhodecode-enterprise-ce/files/22461effb1d6a5e2b5b80f4d740de00769ba8b1d/default.nix>

It is still using "npm2nix" and I suggest to use "node2nix" instead. For our case the whole trick was to extend the shellHook so that it symlinks the node modules accordingly. That was needed due to grunt, it enforces a local installation.

Cheers, Johannes