[Nix-dev] hydra.cryp.to will go offline by the end of this year

Peter Simons simons at nospf.cryp.to
Wed Sep 7 11:50:49 CEST 2016

Fellow Haskell hackers,

some of you rely on hydra.cryp.to as a source of binary packages for the
Haskell subset of Nixpkgs. Unfortunately, this service will go offline
in December 2016. I've run that machine mostly for my own private
purposes, but I realize now that I no longer need it and that I'd rather
invest the time and money it consumes to other purposes instead. I am
sorry about any inconvenience this decision might cause. The good news
is, however, that hydra.nixos.org provides those binaries much more
reliably than it used to and chances are that you won't notice any
difference at all after my server goes down.

Anyway, please make sure to adapt your setting of the "binary-caches"
config option for Nix accordingly.

Best regards,
Peter