[Nix-dev] zlib, iconv, bzip2, et. al.

Thomas Bereknyei tomberek at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 13:18:36 CEST 2016

Ryan,

Thia happens in my normal zsh shell. Cabal will complain about a missing
library, but I can fix that by going to 'nix-shell -p libiconv'. Stack
interacting with nix changes things so it sometimes works, I dont have a
clear example.  Stack setup or even try-reflex has given me this sort of
issue. I resorted to adding addBuildDepends to a bunch of packages in
try-reflex's defsault.nix, but somehow i don't think anyone else is doing
that. My normal shell just never seems to have the libraries in scope and
no amount of nix-env seems to work. It's as if I'm not getting the -dev
versions.

 Tom