[Nix-dev] NixOps - How is the configuration applied when using targetEnv none?

Wilhelm Schuster ws at wilhelm.re
Fri Sep 16 20:50:31 CEST 2016

Hi,

I’m trying to use NixOps to deploy onto an existing NixOs instance (physical server; targetEnv = “none") and was wondering how the system configuration is applied. Specifically, does my NixOps description of the server get merged with the local configuration (meaning the one on the server itself in /etc/nixos/configuration.nix), or does it completely replace it?

The main thing I’m not sure about is if I have to include the parameters set in the hardware-configuration.nix of the server into my NixOps description.

Cheers, Wilhelm Schuster.