[Nix-dev] NixOps - How is the configuration applied when using targetEnv none?

zimbatm zimbatm at zimbatm.com
Mon Sep 19 14:50:10 CEST 2016

The whole system is a derivation itself, a bit like a buildEnv that
aggregates all the installed packages and srfvixes, and has an activation
script. So this gets built locally, shipped over to the target with scp,
the system symlink is replaced and finally the activation script is run.
The activation script deals with shutting and starting service and various
other impurities.