[Nix-dev] Nix init system

Luescher Claude stargate at tango.lu
Mon Apr 3 11:14:32 CEST 2017

Hello,

After watching some videos about nix I gave it a try but as soon as I
noticed systemd I deleted the VM image right away. Either remove it or
just close the development of this whole OS.  Oh but why?

There are 100 people who have chosen to use systemd. Yet they override
everyone else because they are in the right position.

Fuck systemd from the bottom of my heart.
Fuck it.
Fuck it.

FUCK SYSTEMD.

I do not want to learn systemd.
I do not want to deal with systemd.
I hate the way it does things.
I hate the way their community works.

I hate that it does so much.
I hate that it changes the system.
I hate what it is: system Daemon.

I want an init that does few things.
An init that doesn't crash (not systemd!)
An init that doesn't care that I have encrypted hdd, and _never_ did
care.
An init that's small and doesn't contain
security errors (the larger the code the more there are,
and nope C is not run directly on the iron, so whatever
you think you're coding, guess again because you don't
have as much control as you think once the real code
is running on the machine)

SystemD isn't it.
I hate the attitude of it's fuck faced devs and fans.
It's either them or us.
They make that clear.

Fuck them, Fuck their system. Fuck SystemD
Fuck SystemD.

We are "obsolete" and must obey their way.
Our beliefs are superceded, says them.
Fuck Systemd.

Viva unix (please!).
Fuck Systemd.