[Nix-dev] Help wanted with Nixos on ZFS in an encrypted LUKS volume

nixos at vince.lol nixos at vince.lol
Sun Apr 2 21:06:35 CEST 2017

Hi fellow Nix enthusiasts,

I'm trying to install Nixos on a ZFS root filesystem which in turn
resides in an encrypted volume (using LUKS).
I already succeeded in a minimal ZFS install on an unencrypted
partition, and I also succeeded in installing in an encrypted LUKS
volume with ext4 as root fs.
But with the combination I get errors during stage 1; the zpool that
contains the root dataset cannot be imported. This occurs after I enter
the correct LUKS passphrase.
This made me question if this is at all possible (it should, shouldn't
it?). Could some of you please take a look? I documented most of it in
the gist here:
https://gist.github.com/awesomefireduck/ffea6517042af87b8b7ef6ea1c7d50e3
. If you need more information I'd be happy to supply it.

Sincerely,
Vince