[Nix-dev] Trying to compile palemoon with gcc49

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 09:48:46 CEST 2017

On 04/04/2017 05:05 AM, Christoph-Simon Senjak wrote:
> 1. how can I override packages from the unstable channel?

config.nix is applied to all channels you use and also even to
"non-channel" nix-build invocations.  You can often choose the channel,
e.g. nix-env -iA yourChannelName.palemoon - note that yourChannelName is
the identifier that *you* chose for the channel URL

BTW, I recommend you to consider switching from 16.09, as that's
probably going into unsupported mode at the end of April.

> 2. probably it would be a good thing to compile palemoon with gcc49 by
> default if it's true that there are known problems with newer gcc versions.

I switched it on unstable/master and 17.03.

--Vladimir