[Nix-dev] [Help] Accidentally removed configuration.nix

Guillaume Maudoux (Layus) layus.on at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 18:12:07 CEST 2017

Hi,

system.copySystemConfiguration is far from perfect. As soon as you
modularize your config, you will miss all the other files.

If you want a correct system.copySystemConfiguration, you really need
https://github.com/NixOS/nix/pull/709.
It allows you to snapshot all the sources of a nix derivation, not just
one file.

I tested it back then, and it worked pretty well.

-- Layus.