[Nix-dev] [Help] Accidentally removed configuration.nix

Jeaye contact at jeaye.com
Mon Apr 10 05:10:54 CEST 2017

On Thu, Apr 06, 2017 at 04:12:03PM +0200, nixos at vince.lol wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I acidentally removed my /etc/nixos/configuration.nix is there any way I can
> get it back?
>
> Sincerely,
> Vince

I know you've sorted this out now, but I think it's worthwhile to mention that one of the benefits of having a text-based, declarative configuration for your OS is that you can very easily track it in git. NixOS will handle reverts for you, on an OS level, and git can handle them for you on a configuration level.

If you don't want to host the configurations publicly, on Github or similar, you could do so privately, on Bitbucket or similar.

Best of luck.