[Nix-dev] What's the "perfect setup" for hacking on Nix?

Chris Marusich cmmarusich at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 08:17:13 CEST 2017

Hi Nix devs!

What is the "perfect setup" for hacking on Nix?  Is there an IDE that
the you prefer to use?  Is there a C++ major mode for Emacs that you
can't live without?  Are there other helpful tools?

The Guix project has a section in its manual called "The Perfect Setup",
which recommends a particular set of tools for hacking on Guix.  When I
was first learning about Guix, I found it very useful:

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/The-Perfect-Setup.html#The-Perfect-Setup

I'm also interested in hacking on Nix, so I'm curious to know what a
comparable "perfect setup" would be for Nix.

--
Chris