[Nix-dev] bitlbee + libpurple support

Stu Kraji smooth.rp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 12:06:36 CEST 2017

hi Théophane,

thank you for your help. Unfortunately it still does not work :( I have the
following code in my nix config file

    nixpkgs.config = {
    packageOverrides = pkgs: with pkgs; {
      bitlbee = (pkgs.bitlbee.overrideAttrs (oldAttrs: {
       buildInputs = [ telegram-purple pidgin gnutls glib libotr python];
       configureFlags = [
       "--gcov=1"
       "--otr=1"
       "--ssl=gnutls"
       "--jabber=1"
       "--twitter=0"
       "--purple=1"
       "--pidfile=/var/lib/bitlbee/bitlbee.pid"];
      }));
    };
  };

  #bitlbee
  services.bitlbee.enable = true;
  systemd.services.bitlbee.environment.PURPLE_PLUGIN_PATH =
"~/.purple/plugins/";

I can see that libpurple is compiled with purple support but the protocol
telegram is not detected. (i also tried to created a symlink to
telegram-purple.so in ~/.purple/plugins/ but it still does not work)

thanks,

Stu