[Nix-dev] Postgresql, rsyslog and systemd journal

Danylo Hlynskyi abcz2.uprola at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 15:08:13 CEST 2017

Hi.

I want to enable syslog log destination in Postgresql. Existing postgresql
module hardcodes log_destination to 'stderr', so I use

#  alter system set log_destination = 'syslog'

in psql session.

The problem is, logs still are routed to systemd journal, not to configured
`rsyslog`.

As far as I can say, there is no problem on postgres side, because I see in
logs:

2017-04-18 13:24:39 GMT [3404]: LOG:  ending log output to
stderr

2017-04-18 13:24:39 GMT [3404]: HINT:  Future log output will go to log
destination
"syslog".