[Nix-dev] How to downgrade or patch freetype-2.7 ?

Volth volth at volth.com
Wed Apr 19 18:12:48 CEST 2017

Oh, LD_LIBRARY_PATH advice is very helpful. Some minor issues left
(including one of how how to concatenate my LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
OpenGL's), but it solved the mass-rebuild problem. Now I could patch
the library or even use the good old 2.6.

Fontconfig does not help here. The problem is with all fonts with
manual hinting, also with all old windows fonts. Those fonts are from
pre-anti-aliasing ages.
Full hinting enabled + anti-aliasing disabled is the only suitable
mode for them.