[Nix-dev] For go-wizards: Building the geth using buildGoPackage

Sergey Mironov grrwlf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 20:50:39 CEST 2017

Hi. I'm trying to build the latest version of the geth package.
Unfortunately, the current (v1.3.0) expression doesn't work anymore,
so I tried to use the buildGoPackage function. The build process
starts but the compiler issues errors listed below, all regarding
github.com/karalade/hid dependency. I'm not a Go expert so may miss
some vital knowledge. Could you please recommend me a possible next
move regarding the problem? Maybe changing Go compiler or specifying
some build flags? Note, I'm using quite old version of nixpkgs so may
miss some newer fix.

Regards,
Sergey

# github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/vendor/github.com/karalabe/hid
go/src/github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/vendor/github.com/karalabe/hid/wchar.go:44:8:
error: enumerator value for '__cgo_enum__0' is not an integer constant
   return stringToWchar4(s) // Unix
        ^
go/src/github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/vendor/github.com/karalabe/hid/wchar.go:52:8:
error: enumerator value for '__cgo_enum__7' is not an integer constant
  case 2:
        ^
go/src/github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/vendor/github.com/karalabe/hid/wchar.go:60:2:
error: initializer element is not constant
go/src/github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/vendor/github.com/karalabe/hid/wchar.go:60:2:
note: (near initialization for '__cgodebug_data[0]')
go/src/github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/vendor/github.com/karalabe/hid/wchar.go:67:2:
error: initializer element is not constant