[Nix-dev] For go-wizards: Building the geth using buildGoPackage

Profpatsch mail at profpatsch.de
Thu Apr 20 23:40:53 CEST 2017

On 17-04-19 09:50pm, Sergey Mironov wrote:
> building the geth

I had a short fear of sentinent AI robots, but it’s (just?)
a go package.

> # github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/vendor/github.com/karalabe/hid
> go/src/github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/vendor/github.com/karalabe/hid/wchar.go:44:8:
> error: enumerator value for '__cgo_enum__0' is not an integer constant
>    return stringToWchar4(s) // Unix
>         ^

That’s normal go compile errors.
Are you using a very old version of the go compiler?

Have you tried building it on unstable/master?
You can check out nixpkgs with git
and run `nix-build -A <package>` from there.

--
Proudly written in Mutt with Vim on NixOS.
A: http://five.sentenc.es