[Nix-dev] tigervnc service?

Tim Sears tim at timsears.com
Sun Apr 23 23:50:49 CEST 2017

Thanks Linus. Tried your suggestion. Using journalctl -ef,  I can watch and
see that Xvnc is getting killed even as the xstartup script is running. I
think vncserver or Xvnc is launching X but it must not be configured
properly. I think I need to configure it so it launches a display manager
for the virtual screen, which then launches awesome with no desktop
manager, just like my physical setup.  Not quite sure what files to write
and settings to put in there, but I think it could be done with the
preStart attribute for the service, that Volth pointed out.
Looking through bin/vncserver, which is actually just a perl script.

Ideas welcome.