[Nix-dev] packaging windows applications through wine

Taeer Bar-Yam tb442 at cornell.edu
Mon Apr 24 04:39:02 CEST 2017

I'm thinking of making a nix package for League of Legends, and my question is this:

When one installs things through wine, one usually has to click through a bunch
of agreements for things installed via winetricks. Can we bypass this so we can
make nix packages for these things that installs nicely?

The other challenge I see is where do you put the wineprefix? Because on the one
hand you want the installation to happen at system build time, so that would
suggest the nix store. But you also want the application to be able to write
files (like saves &c) so that would have to be in your home folder.

Is how to package wine applications a solved problem, or do I need to do some
creative work?

  --Taeer