[Nix-dev] NixOps prefer send from local.

Kevin Cox kevincox at kevincox.ca
Fri Apr 28 22:12:37 CEST 2017

Hi all.

I am using NixOps to configure a machine on the local network,
unfortunately my uplink to the internet isn't great but the network is
fast. Unfortunately when deploying I first download all the packages to
my machine, then the remote host prefers using configured binary caches
to download the packages. I was wondering if there is a way to prefer
copying files from the local machine rather then consulting caches at all.

I can remove the caches from the remote machines configuration but I do
want to be able to install packages from the caches in user profiles, so
while this is a workaround while deveoping I would need to remember to
enable them again before I was done.

I can also nix-serve the local machine but I am back to modifying the
list of caches between deploying and using.

So while I have two workarounds I was wondering if there was a simple
solution.

Thanks, Kevin