[Nix-dev] Question regarding my attempt to set up a ruby environment.

Mustard Seed supercriticalfluid at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 07:51:58 CEST 2017

I'm trying to use NixOS as a dev environment for Ruby. I found the
following

https://github.com/areina/nix-new-rails-app

That's helped me have an idea of how to go about setting up a ruby project
(I have almost zero ruby experience) but I am running into an issue on the
third of the first four manual tasks prior to opening up the nix-shell.

When I try to run

nix-shell --command "rails new . --force --skip-bundle; bundler lock"

it gets to the point in the screen shot (you can see such here in an issue
I opened with the git repo
https://github.com/areina/nix-new-rails-app/issues/1
) and then NixOS logs me out.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to go from here as I'm hitting some
significant barriers with my limited understanding of Nix AND of Ruby.

Anyone that can help, or even just point me in  a general direction, will
be greatly appreciated.

BTW I'm using -- NixOS 17.09pre106230.e89343dc08 (Hummingbird) 64-bit

Thanks in advance for any and all help, even if you just took the time to
read this.