[Nix-dev] Fwd: Flash in Cromium

Tilo Schwarz tilo.schwarz.de at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 02:28:12 CET 2017

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 3:54 AM Graham Christensen <graham at grahamc.com>
wrote:

> Tilo Schwarz <tilo.schwarz.de at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > thank you for creating such a great stateless OS, really nice!
>
> We're glad you like it! :)
>
> > It triggered a source build and worked. Additionally I installed
>
> You must be very patient. Chromium takes ages to build.
>
> Are you specifically interested in running Chromium? If Google Chrome
> would be okay, it does come with a working flash already, and doesn't
> involve builds that take forever:
>
>     nix-shell -p google-chrome --run "google-chrome-stable"
>
> This is what I do.

I tried installing google-chrome, but I get

# nix-env -i google-chrome-55.0.2883.87
warning: there are multiple derivations named ‘google-chrome-55.0.2883.87’;
using the first one
installing ‘google-chrome-55.0.2883.87’
error: No Chrome plugins are available for your architecture.
(use ‘--show-trace’ to show detailed location information)

I am on i686.

Maybe that's the same reason it doesn't work right now.

What is really strange though: Chromium claims that everything related to
flash was found and is working (see my OP), but still on web pages with
flash is says "flash not found".

Thank you,
Tilo

--