[Nix-dev] PCI Expresscard not working under NixOS

Christoph-Simon Senjak christoph.senjak at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 6 23:39:29 CET 2017

Hello.

On 06.02.2017 06:36, Roger Qiu wrote:
> When you plug something in, the kernel log should show something. If it
> doesn't then the kernel doesn't know about it, nothing in the userspace
> can help.

How can that be?

> Make sure you're running those commands before you plug the usb in.
 >
> Also I used to have faulty usb cables, but even then the kernel showed
> something. Usually repeating messages because the usb cable kept
> dropping out and coming back in.
>
> What happens if you plug those devices directly?

The kernel does not notice the expresscard itself when I plug it in. My
usb hard disk works perfectly under the other ports.

Ah, and fun fact: When plugging in the expresscard, I can reproducibly
scramble my sound output for a second (the music repeats for a second
after I plug it in). Still, the kernel says nothing. And no device nodes
appear.